Fantastic news yesterday that Cecil Taylor has be awarded the Kyoto Prize.
This is absolutely not some lame-ass music industry award but the equivalent of the Nobel Prize! It is also worth $510,000. The other Laureates were Evolutionary Biologist Masatoshi Nei and Electronics Engineer Robert Heath Dennard.
The last music winner was Pierre Boulez in 2009, and previous winners include Olivier Messiaen, John Cage, Iannis Xenakis, and György Ligeti. Cecil is the first non-classical musician to win a prize.
- adagioforweeks likes this
- nogodlikeabook reblogged this from kiefferjohn
- nogodlikeabook likes this
- onajide likes this
- chasemobilebanking likes this
- mpomy likes this
- luciddreamcoats reblogged this from kiefferjohn
- dude-gimme-a-beat likes this
- tkarl7777 likes this
- analogrille likes this
- b-superscript-3 likes this
- redcatg likes this
- rubberycephalopod likes this
- basshead4 likes this
- kiefferjohn posted this